Thursday, September 16, 2010

Uniforms

EDIT: I'm considering this for my comp-contrast paper, considering the effects of chosen uniforms versus  compelled ones. thoughts?
EDIT: I'm also thinking comp-contrast of school uniforms. I think that's a more interesting topic. thoughts?

When were the first uniforms?

Beyond old. There are no sources I could find that would even hazard a guess.

What are the psychological reasons behind why people wear uniforms?
Could dressing "preppy" or "goth" be considered a uniform?
Why do some organizations require uniforms?

To crush individuality.
Not really, but the general idea is to foster general group spirit.

Do school uniforms help learning?

No. There is no credible research connecting school performance to uniforms.

If so, why, if not, do they do anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment