Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Essay four outline

Intro:
Discussion of problems with education (A Nation at Risk?)
Uniforms as a possible solution
DEFINE TERMS (I think this is all-caps level important. so sue me)
Transition to thesis, moderate claims of advocates


Body:

Point one:
Legality


Point two:
Academics


Point three:
Security


Point four:
Behavior

Conclusion
Summarize.
Show how data does not refute claim made in thesis.
Restate stakes of education
Present as uniforms as a helpful tool in a broader strategy

EDIT: I changed the order to put legality first, as discussing uniforms without establishing that they are legal is pointless.

2 comments:

  1. Dont you think though that forcing kids to wear unsightly uniforms would take away from their sense of individuality? Just saying, i dont see how it would effect behavior seeing as they would express themselves in other ways, but hey thats just my opinion. I am interested to see what you do with this, so you could prove me wrong. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm trying to sweep that under the proverbial rug as much as possible, because showing why I think uniforms could be beneficial is different from persuading kids to go along with it. My theoretical policy allows for some expression, though. And, my audience isn't kids, it's their parents, teachers, and administrators.

    thanks for the feedback

    ciao

    ReplyDelete