Monday, November 29, 2010

TSA screenings

I have to write stuff down to think about it, so;

I think that screenings that work should be allowed- you choose to fly, and give up your "right" to privacy by choosing to use the service. That said, "enhanced pat-downs" seem like more trouble than they're worth- in fact, they wouldn't have caught the "underwear bomber." Here is abother source that thinks the TSA's new policies are unconstitutional. That article also seconds the fact that the scanners don't work!

Ergo:

Intro
Discuss situation, mention current events
John Tyner
Thesis (efficacy, invasivenes define constitutionality)

Body
I
Efficacy

II
Invasiveness

III
Constitutionality

Conclusion
offer alternative- blob machine
mention profiling? (Israeli method, why it couldn't work here- discuss?)

EDIT: After considering, I think that since this will be an in-class essay, I should probably stick to a very specific topic, and not encourage my propensity to go off on tangents. So I'm not going to talk about profiling or the Israeli method of airport security.

1 comment:

  1. good stuff bro, im interested in what you think, do you believe this is constitutional or not? let me know, thanks bra

    ReplyDelete