Monday, November 1, 2010

Essay four

I think that I'm going to write in favor of school uniforms. This is mostly because it's a more interesting position, but I've found no conclusive evidence. If i find something that utterly convinces me one way or the other, I'll come down on that side, but otherwise, I'll pick the interesting one.

 EDIT:
After some more research, I'm still in favor, but not for the same reasons that most advocates are.
Working thesis:
School uniforms do not create achievement or eliminate social ills. However, they are a visible and clear declaration of purpose; along the lines of, "We are working to create a strong, effective learning environment." Combined with targeted programs, school uniform policies can be a potent tool for improvement in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea a lot! I think that you could come up with some really good points to argue for and against.

    ReplyDelete